Arcade Prehacks

Mobile gaming security

I am not really sure if this is where I need to put this, but I was wondering if anyone had ever thought about security while playing mobile games. I think it's important to protect yourself when gaming, but I just don't really know where to start. What are your suggestions for protecting yourself? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Abby504 View Post
    I am not really sure if this is where I need to put this, but I was wondering if anyone had ever thought about security while playing mobile games. I think it's important to protect yourself when gaming, but I just don't really know where to start. What are your suggestions for protecting yourself? Thanks!
    Hello, There are many ways to protect yourself but depends on what your trying to protect.. Remember not to click on links from other people, You can possibly run a VPN which will protect your location and ip, if you want to be more secure dont install applications from unknown sources, Those apps can be ratted giving access to your phones photos and whatever else they may want..

What VPN?

I only download games from known developers and who have a lot of reviews. I will do some research on VPNs as I am not very familiar with them. Thank you.

Theres really not much someone can do to your phone through a game , You would need to have something installed that they made and placed a backdoor in of some sort , and that will give them access to everything on your phone , a VPN is a Virtual Private Network , It can mask your ip address which people can get a number of ways , so its just an extra layer of protection/security, For Example Xbox/Playstation players usually 'Boot' players offline , This isnt really hacking or anything its just spamming there router with data till it cant really handle it this attack is called a DDoS attack (Distributed Denial of Service)
    If the victim(The one being booted offline) is however running a VPN the Attackers will just end up hitting the VPN with there attack leaving the victim perfectly fine sorta like a bullet proof vest lol