Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hacking on a mac

OK first off, i realize that there's probably already a topic dealing with this, but i couldnt find it when i did a search. so if there is one just post a link to it and dont start yelling(typing?) at me. it gets kind of annoying. second sorry for the language, but i don't much care and i don't remember if its against the rules. If I spelled something wrong tell me ill fix it

i want to start hacking games but I'm not entirely sure what programs to use when i hack them. i have basic programming skills so if i can get the text ill be fine. I'm having trouble getting the text from the games. I have a decompiler but its a weird piece of crap. after I decompile something its so messed up that I can't even recompile it as is. so I'm looking for a good decompiler(sp?) for a mac that can get me the coding.I doubt I can do anything even close to sme11y but still I'm bored and i want to do something and this lack of a good decompiling program is starting to make me mad.

actually it would be nice if you could include a couple of the best programs for a PC as well. I'm getting a new computer soon and I don't know if ill get a mac or a PC.

you know what lets cover all the bases

can i get a list of the good decompiling/compiling software for
    macs.
    windows xp
    windows vista
    linux
    and anything else i cant think of right now

Re: hacking on a mac

try using flasm first or VB6 then work on up with other stuff. they may all work with macs but i dont know cause im on windows xp and every thing works fine
    Just an FYI to everyone, I don't hack anymore. I have stuff that I do outside of this. Goodbye and goodluck

alright i can try that. thanks i appreciate it

all depends how much money you got. If you got lots buy yourself a copy of Adobe Flash CS3. If not, go for the cheaper option of flasm, which is free. They both should work on PC and mac.

Quote Originally Posted by greeny6000
    all depends how much money you got. If you got lots buy yourself a copy of Adobe Flash CS3. If not, go for the cheaper option of flasm, which is free. They both should work on PC and mac.

i didnt buy my copy of flash cs3 8-)

i got it for free
    Just an FYI to everyone, I don't hack anymore. I have stuff that I do outside of this. Goodbye and goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by sme11y

i got it for free
    Same xD but my one is Adobe Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by axzus
    Quote Originally Posted by sme11y

i got it for free
    Same xD but my one is Adobe Photoshop
    Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Macromedia Flash CS3 are 2 complete different things.
    One of them allows you to create / edit images with tons of stuff, while the other one is for basic flash animations, ability to play flash games directly on your computer, and for messing with flash stuff.

there anything like flasm that works on Flash Player 9 out right now. free or not

Flasm works on Macs.. download here

yeah flasm works for macs but it doesnt work for flash 9. i appreciate your help but i already have flasm thats how i hacked those 4 or 5 games earlier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast