Arcade Prehacks

Cool RTS + horror = Chromosome Evil

Hey guys,I am the creator of the old flash game series called "Awaken front line" and now I try to migrate to PC gaming with my new project "Chromosome evil"If anyone wants to support this small indie project you may add the game on wishlist here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...romosome_Evil/Story plot

It was a beautiful spring day, nobody knows the exact order of events during that day but what they do remember is that all of a sudden the sky turned red, all radios and televisions were somehow hijacked by a superior force and were sending only one message: “the ancient one is coming…”.

Then there was a great moment of silence and soon after, they came.

They came from below the earth digging their way out, creatures of nightmare, abominations of unspeakable terror, the army didn’t stand a chance, human civilization fell in a dark age.

You are part of what remains of army forces, your brother, the one who took care of you when your parents died was also part of the army and went missing during a mission a few miles from where you are stationed with the objective to gather information about this underground hole from were these creatures are coming from. You decide that if world is going to end at least to do one last journey of redemption to see your brother one more time.

Gameplay

During this journey you choose what team you want to assemble, you choose the evolution of each squad member, you choose which location you want to look for supplies and where you want to establish a defense perimeter, you choose your route and you decide the best course of action for the events that will present before you.

Aditional information

- Real-time strategy game mixed with RPG elements.
    - Code in C++ artwork in Windows Paint
    - Top-down
    - TBS gameplay during travel map
    - survival elements
    - skills, level up system, inventory, resources
    - multiple choices and outcomes
    - main inspirations: C&C, Dungeons & Dragons, Heroes 3, Red Alert, Xcom
    - Game development started in mid-2016 (artwise, design, prototyping/ part-time) and heavy development started in half of 2017, currently we got a map editor working and some of the basic features done + 50% from art/animations done
    - release date: we hope somewhere in 2022
    Attached Images Attached Images

We finaly got a first gameplay video to showhttps://youtu.be/2k7FBGNhg2E

Good news!

After 4 years of development, we finally posted a free demo on Itch.io.

https://16bitnights.itch.io/chromosome-evil

The full release on Steam will be on March 24 2022 (3 days away from my post)