Arcade Prehacks

APH and Forum loading problems

I don't know, if the problem is the server itself, like overused or overheated or something like that. Or maybe the problem could be, that there are TOO many and HEAVY advertisings. I noticed, that in APH AND in the forum are now more and very "offensive" flash-advertisings. I assume, that these ads are the problems, which causing the loading problems. It takes ages for loading APH and the Forum.

I tested it with nearly every browser, which are existing, and so far, always the same. Exeption one browser, called "SRWare Iron", has no problems with loading and it loads APH and the Forum as to be used in no time.

I know, ads are essential for being APH free for the users, but a solution must be found anyways. lol

Are these loading issues constant for you, or something that comes and goes? I have seen occurrences where an ad network might be having issues and is slows our speed. But that should be a very infrequent thing. 99% of the time though the site should load fairly quickly.

Sorry, as i wrote this thread, i were half-asleep. xD I forgot to mention, that this very slow loading till stop to loading happens, when some "special" flash advertisings are appearing. I mean, sometimes there are such ads, which are eating A LOT of resources. Also, sometimes are appearing more ads as should be, which causes this problem, too. And when this all happens, my browser/s are having only trouble with APH and the Forum then. If i go to the "rest" of the internet - no problems at all. I noticed this exactly same problem already in the past at other social platforms like FB. That's why i'm assuming, that some advertisers are causing this.

My suggestion would be, if an advertiser wants to put his/her ad/s on APH and/or Forum, then to test it beforehand, to see, if it would eat too much resources, if this would be possible.

As i encountered this problem in the past at FB for example, i contacted the developer of that effected game and told them the same, that some of their implemented ads were very offensive in eating resources. They looked into it then and were able to filter those ads out to remove them, then everything went fine and smooth again.

As i said, some advertisers are making very weird ads, with an unknown "programming-skill", which then results in very resource-eating flash-ads. LMFAO

No doubt these "resource heavy" ads are a problem. Maybe I don't see them as I'm in Australia. Obviously we see different ads depending where we are. However, removing these ads are not so easy as we use third party ad networks.

There is something we can do to help this though, I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting.

I can confirm that there are no problems at all in Canada nor China. I do not see any cases such as the aforementioned "offensive" advertising.

The only thing coming close to offensive is the revealing clothing and scantily clad woman in some MMO advertisements.

Furthermore, I have no problems with the loading of APH. I tested this on various ISPs. So far, I have ecountered nothing.

Perhaps it varies from location to location and ISP from ISP.

i have no problems with this in the USA (im using Internet Explorer (derp) as well)